Wednesday, September 2, 2009

5 weeks old already!


Hannah is five weeks old now. Wow! Where did all that time go? She is growing rapidly, and already weighs nine pounds! She's starting to feel really heavy. She is getting very good at holding her head up, and has many failed attempts at rolling over. She lays on the floor, picks her feet and head up, and arches her back, and daddy says she looks like flipper! She is such a joy to watch!

She started her adventures in cloth diapering the other day. I'm not sure se can tell the difference, but I really like them. They make her look like an oompa-loompa! It's so funny!

She's starting to get into longer sleep cycles. She's sleeping 5-6 hours at night now! That makes me very happy! We're working on getting her to fall asleep for naps by herself. It hasn't been easy.

We are all adjusting very well, and love being parents to such a beautiful little girl. God is very good to us!

3 comments:

  1. She is adorable! Great picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it so important to get her to fall alseep on her own at such a young age? I put Willow to sleep for her whol first year (don't reccomend that), but what about having her fall asleep on her own around 6 months?

    And you guys are too funny with flipper and oompa-loompa! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We want her to fall asleep by herself, b/c I have things that I need to get done during the day. I can't spend two hours laying on the couch with her for nap time. I use that time to do things that I can't do when she's awake.

    ReplyDelete